- a mobile with a wide angle lens for the back facing camera
- What would you rather have, a coal power plant producing toxic fumes, or a wind turbine making a bit of noise. Secondly, why do they have to put them within 300metres of a house?? That seems a bit close to me. Can't they put them further away?
Maybe, they can build a soundproof wall around the turbine.. the blades are high, so the wind still gets to them, but the sound can't travel low to the ground anymore, would it help? Some of the sound could be travelling through the ground, moreso than through the air?
- language translation software build into the chat program
- an idea for a new xml type for formatted documents especially useful in emails: three bytes per character, storing an index into a table of the character's font and foreground+background colour. the table (containing list of fonts and colours and the index bits to specify them) is stored at the front of the document in xml. Advantage: No more problems with html emails when replying, or fonts and font sizes getting mixed up or not working.
2. Summaries of some content found online
- Foldio360 by OrangeMonkie, is a turntable photography lightbox where you place an object which then rotates and a smartphone captures photographs from all angles, for the purpose of creating an online 3d rotatable view of the object.
- Silk Labs learns when to turn off/on lights, music, themostat with this customized to each person it senses that is in the room
- Sketchfab online 3d file sharing platform is partnering with TimeSlice films to add "4D" which are 3d movies captured using multiple video cameras
- Samsung has released wireless charging pads for mobiles, no need to plug in the mobile, just place it on the pad
- Robotic exoskeletons to help disabled people become more mobile
- Actroid-SIT, a humanoid actor robot with realistic skin. RoboThespian (good for science centres)
- New anti-aging methods: transfusions of young blood, epigenetic regulation, dna repacking, gene expression: restoring activity of inactive genes using crispr-cas9
- Smog free tower in rotterdam made by Roosegarde uses ion technology to filter the air and remove smog, at a rate of 30 cubic meters per hour
- New potential cure treatment for cancer using t-cell therapy
- System detects stress on wind turbine blades and makes adjustments to increase life of turbine
- Mopid to rapidly diagnose malaria by providing microscopic resolution on a cell phone
- Artificial enzyme talen (transcription activator-like effector nuclease) to cut dna at a certain location, followed by Qasim to add or subtract genetic material, results in cure for cancer in some situations
- An empty town at university of michigan called Mcity, used as a test location for driverless cars
- Baked leaves with sodium added, makes new type of battery anode that can store more charge
3. Discussions of content found online in (2) above
- Regarding the Foldio360, what if the mobile took a video instead of photos, then it would be continuous instead of discrete
Web Page Author Information
Web Page by Jevan Pipitone
22 March 2016
You can use, copy, or download any of my material as long as you add a link to the web page http://www.jevan.com.au