- (2019oct7) When a web server lists the files in a folder on a website for possible download when there is no index (.html/etc) file,
it would be better if the filename is in the last column and having unlimited length, so that long filenames can be seen in the listings.
- (2019oct1) Android WIFI PDA (Personal Digital Assistant) device with stylus pen for creating handwriting notes, that is not a mobile and does not send SMS
This device would communicate with the internet using WIFI which would enable any of the Google Play Android Apps on it to work that might
require the internet such as smule for recording karaoke (the PDA would need a microphone and headphone socket built in, and a camera),
and gmail for email. It cannot make or receive phone calls or send/receive SMS.
- (2019sep29) New ways of taking a sample of stomach and intestine contents
Normally this is done with a small stool sample. However I was wondering whether
a pill could be created that one swallows, that contains electronics or biotechnology
chemicals that cause it to absorb materials through it's outer layer when it
reaches the stomach and intestines, then the pill can be collected once it passes
through the body and out (could be difficult to do). I also wondered whether
a chemical that contains tannins could be swallowed which then absorbs some of the
contents of the stomach and intestine, once it passes out of the body, the scientist
could use biochemistry to convert the chemical result of tannins absorption of stomach
and intestine contents back to just it's contents again without the tannins anymore,
so that we can see what was in the stomach and intestine based on what had been
absorbed, which is hopefully anything that is there that the stomach and intestine might
have been processing.
- (2019sep29) Taking a stool sample for the Viome Gut Microbiome Gut Intelligence Test
"What can I expect the testing process to be like?"
"Taking the Gut Intelligence test is easy - all we need from you is a small, pea-sized amount of your stool which you can collect at any time of the day. There is nothing you need to do to prepare for the test."
- (2019sep29) Black Walnut which contains tannins but it has some negative side effects
"Black walnut hulls contains a large amount of chemicals called tannins. Tannins absorb substances in the stomach and intestines. Taking black walnut along with medications taken by mouth can decrease how much medicine your body absorbs, and decrease the effectiveness of your medicine. To prevent this interaction, take black walnut at least one hour after medications you take by mouth."
"Black walnut is POSSIBLY SAFE for most people when taken by mouth short-term. It is not known what the possible side effects from short-term use might be."
"Black walnut is POSSIBLY UNSAFE when applied directly to the skin. It contains a chemical called juglone that might cause tongue or lip cancer, especially if applied daily."
- (2019aug24) Virtual Meetings for people with any disability (physical or mental)
This could be a webcam/ screen sharing meeting such as with zoom.us,
or events using shared collaboration websites such as a shared whiteboard that
all can write/draw on and with text chat. The point is to have meetings/ events
for people with disability to interact and do together
their hobbies and interests and any productive volunteer or paid work,
from home, virtual using the internet. There needs to be a website for organizing
virtual events involving only disabled participants, like meetup.com which is for
in-person events of anyone, but for virtual (from home using the internet)
events only and for people with a disability only. Also everything needs to be
recorded and downloadable after (video, text chat, audio, file attachments shared,
images shared, etc) so that disabled participants can review the material
anytime in future in their own time, in order to benefit from it.
- (2019aug8) Disability Friend Job Placements
A job agency that places people with a disability into jobs,
for their desired number of weekly hours of paid or volunteer work,
would place two people with a disability into jobs,
and by having a friend who also has a disability (physical or mental, anything) in the workplace then it can
be more likely to succeed since you would not be the only disabled person there since there would be two
disabled people placed into positions in the company, so that I would feel more comfortable in the
workplace and would be more motivated to work and it would be more likely to be successful for both of us.
- (2019aug8) List of Businesses and organizations whose manager or CEO has a disability and their contact details
This would be useful since as part of encouraging inclusion, helping everyone, I am interested to work
(paid or volunteer) for businesses/organizations whose CEO or manager has a disability
(can be mental or physical, anything).
Google search: ceo with a disability site:.au
I did not find any useful results in this search.
- Solutions that are good for the environment
- (2019jul14) Instead of plastic containers and plastic plates and plastic cutlery for food court food, we can have cardboard containers
and cardboard cutlery, drink containers for single-use drinks bought from juice shops etc can be made from cardboard and a plastic
lid is not required on drink and food containers when the customer is going to consume the item straight away, if the customer is
taking it home then a cardboard lid could be placed onto it. We need a shift towards cardboard not plastic, for all single-use items.
Plastic is still useful in items such as electronic goods, and has advantages for things where the item is used many times.
- (2019jun11) Instead of disposable single use plastic drink containers from juice shops, reusable plastic cups/containers could be issued and the customer drinks
the drink while at the cafe/shop/eatery/food court area, and then returns it to the shop who washes it for reuse.
Another possibility is that all cutlery (plates, knife/fork/spoon, bowls, cups and mugs) could be washed by a washing centre in
each food court, that handles the washing of cutlery using multiple dishwasher electronic appliances,
for all of the shops in the food court and then issues the washed items
to any of the shops that require them.
- (2019jun10) Heating or cooling the person, not the whole room, by wearing clothing made from multiple flexible electronic patches - These wearable patches could keep you both cool and warm, written by David Wagman
- (2019jun5) Have a different colour for each belt buckle hole so that it's easy to remember which hole I used
Google search: belt buckle colour coded holes [no relevant results]
- (2019may21) Technology for the blind
- (2019may2) Jewelry that can be clipped on (attached) to the top of a hat, the hat would need something on it that allows jewelry to be able to be attached to its centre top
- (2019apr30) Wireless Clickers for Powerpoint Presentations could have an LCD screen with an image of the current slide so that presenters don't have to look behind them
- How can we cure Parkinson's?
- What strategies can be used to find new drugs to cure medical conditions - mental illnesses, and non-mental illnesses?
- (2019mar18) Unable to install OrCAD
I was planning to enter some basic PSpice electronic circuits and then simulate them, and make a
YouTube video of me doing that.
- (2019mar6) Two mobile phone sims (or landline voip plans) with the same phone number (not presently possible) that both ring and both can answer and makes a 3-person phone call, or a phone number that forwards its ringing to two landline VOIP phones and whichever first answers the forwarded call gets a 2-person phone call, with the option for a 3-person (or more than 3) phone call if enabled in voip settings
- (2019feb25) Search for solutions for a Brain Tumor (if someone gets one)
They now have a way of moving a brain tumor from its location to somewhere
else where it can more easily be removed. However the problem I can see is it's
still in the brain just somewhere else, what they really need to do is have it
come right out of the body totally! Quoted from the ideaconnection page:
"the Tumor Monorail is designed to resemble the white brain matter,
a favorite destination of the tumor cells. As the tumor cells migrate
toward the mimic, they travel instead up to a chamber near the exterior
of the brain, where they can be killed or removed".
(2019mar5) What I think would be best is if
the cancer attracting substance can be placed into the bloodstream for example
injected into your arm or taken as a tablet, then it makes its way through the body
and brain, attracting cancer substance everywhere it goes, until it is cleared out of
the bloodstream and into urine/ poo and naturally exits the body, all without any
- (2019feb20) Libraries contained collections of 3d models to be available, including a movements object that defines predefined movements for each object that can be requested by the software to execute them, and movement interactions between objects such as two people holding hands walking side by side, or bow, or laugh, or walk, or sit on the chair, dance 1, dance 2, dance contemporary solo 1, dance contemporary duo 1, dance ballroom duo foxtrot, etc.
- (2019feb15) It would be a good feature if Anchor.fm had a way that listeners can download any of my podcasts from there as mp3 audio files for each podcast episode
- (2019feb14) CCTV / Security Video Cameras should record audio as well as video picture
This is because the audio could be helpful in identifying what exactly is going on
and who the people involved might be, if there is an incident.
- (2019feb8) Cardboard Spoons
- (2019feb5) Reaper multitrack audio auto-exports from JamTaba on NinJam System to include each musical instrument name not just musician name and country
- Parallel realities, a personalized reality
- (2019jan20) Now I am thinking that with parallel realities, every person has a separate reality,
and people come and go into their reality, the "gears" mesh between the realities to make
everything happen smoothly. For example entering a room for one person, could be them being seen
entering a room in a different building and a different location, for another person.
- Causality from future to present
- (2019jan20) All the various people have differing material possessions and knowledges that are predictors of the future that eventually everyone will be able to have those things. But they have those material possessions in a direction from future to past, as if their person from the future gave them those items in the past, but people might not be aware that they actually possess some future material possessions and knowledges they might just think it's the present for them, but for everyone else that doesn't have those things, it's the future for them.
- In the future I think people will be able to shift their existence/spirit into different bodies of different people, that could be located anywhere in the world, so there will be no need for long distance international physical travel anymore. When they shift into the new body, the face of the person will change to match the person that is presently inhabiting it. There is already technology to use an EEG to extract the images seen in the past by your eyes or to extract the thoughts you are thinking - actually it doesn't retrieve thoughts, rather, it uses machine learning to compare a predefined set of sentences with the EEG and select the most likely match. Future steps may be able to do things like have a person create art using EEG just by imagining the images, or create music using EEG just by imagining the whole band's music that is composed in your mind, or extract music and audio dialogue of past converations that you have heard, and extract memories. When I make digital art or music, I initially use the conscious mind to try all sorts of things using logical concepts, then after a while the subconscious takes over and allows me to raise the standard of my creations significantly and without me knowing how it happens. So with EEG methods it is just another input device that would enable us one day not to need a mouse or computer keyboard. In addition one day it would be possible to record and then replay the mind various experiences such as by experts in various fields, to help with learning, so that another person could experience a replay of an experience that an expert previously did that was recorded, with them experiencing the exact throughts, views through their eyes, audio through their ears, it would be as if they were actually that other person, during the replay of the recording.
I wondered whether schizophrenia in the present time (2019) - hearing voices - could be caused by a future problem that may occur for that particular person when their brain EEG merges with another person's EEG (when EEG signals are copied realtime between two people via external electrical copying) that they are not compatible with, note that this implies causality in the direction from the future to the past.
I am thinking it might be better just to have one small (external) EEG reader sensor and one small (external) EEG writer on each person, for transferring the EEG from person 1's reader to person 2's writer and from person 2's reader to person 1's writer, in realtime, since if there are multiple points copied between two people there could be incorrect echos created where the same signal attributes are picked up by multiple sensors at different places. This could be called the transmission point and receiving point, for each person. However I don't know whether it would matter if that point is always at the same location or not, but for simplicity a helmet (like a bike helmet) could be put on each person when they want to use EEG communication, that already contains the reader and writer, so yes it would need to work through hair.
- How brain scans can read your mind to reconstruct the face you're thinking of
- "Mind reading" technology can now decode complex thoughts
Google search - copying eeg from one person to the next
- Brain-to-brain interfaces: the science of telepathy
- Researcher controls colleague's motions in 1st human brain-to-brain interface
- Mind Messaging: Thoughts Transmitted by Brain-to-Brain Link
- Scientists are now using EEG to reconstruct images of objects we see
- How to control someone else's arm with your brain
Google search - brain-to-brain communication
- Why Brain-to-Brain Communication Is No Longer Unthinkable
- Brain-to-Brain Communication Is Closer Than You Think
- Direct Brain-To-Brain Communication Used in Humans
- Scientists Achieve Direct Brain-To-Brain Communication Between Humans
- Brain-to-Brain Communication in Humans Could Soon Become a Reality
- Brain-brain interface
Google search - decoding eeg
- The Neural Decoding Toolbox. MEG/EEG Decoding Tutorial
- EEG decoding of spoken words in bilingual listeners: from words to language invariant semantic-conceptual representations
- EEG resolutions in detecting and decoding finger movements from spectral analysis
- Decoding English Alphabet Letters Using EEG Phase Information
- High Accuracy Decoding of User Intentions Using EEG to Control a Lower-Body Exoskeleton
- Decoding stimulus-related information from single-trial EEG responses based on voltage topographies
- A deep learning toolbox to decode raw time-domain EEG
- XDAWN Decoding From EEG data
Google search - site:canberra.edu.au eeg
- (2018aug14) Human identification with electroencephalogram (EEG) for future network security
Google search - site:canberra.edu.au eeg emotion
- (2018aug14) Enhancing performance of EEG-based emotion recognition systems using feature smoothing
Decode EEG waves (brainwaves detected by a special helmet you can put on) into thoughts, words,
images, emotions/moods, music.
- Thoughts instead of keyboard
- Pentagon Preps Soldier Telepathy Push
- UC 'Brain Speller' invention wins Imagine Cup
- Imagine Cup - EEG Uc 'Brain speller' and also controls remote control car
- Mysteries of the Brain: Brain-Computer Interface
Transfer a copy of EEG waves between two people (one way or both ways), to see whether thoughts, memory,
is transmitted. EEG Sensors (just a few, or even a 1000x1000 grid across the head), combined with EEG creator cells
(like a grid of cells that create low voltage electromagnetic waves in the same patterns as detected in the other person).
This could be done for two mice, wearing EEG helmets that transmit an EEG field grid between each other, then we can see if
the two mice in two different mazes, where each mice is familiar with one maze only (mice A is familiar with maze A and
mice B is familiar with maze B), when the mice are swapped to the unfamiliar mazes (mice A to maze B and mice B to maze A)
and the EEG transmittor turned on, do the two mice receive the learnt maze solutions from the other mice
through EEG transfer? Some sort of reward would be at the end of the maze eg cheese, there would be dead ends if it goes
the wrong way. Could we create a "single combined brain" and bigger consciousness consisting of two people through
EEG transmission technology? What about a single consciousness of 20 people, what more could that achieve with the combined
expertise and experience. Would the resolution be necessary (eg 1000x1000 grid of sensors) or would a smaller number of
sensors (eg 24) be sufficient to convey EEG information between people. Is the visual information (what we see) contained
in the electrical properties of every cell in the brain, ie is all of the information (sounds, visuals, thoughts etc)
coded into every cell, or is there some spacial coding across more than one cell? I suspect that the information exists in
every cell near the outside of the brain though some cells may have spacial coding such as in the visual cortex. In which
case resolution might not be necessary for transmitting of EEG between two people for creating a larger consciousness.
If we can use someone else's brain to decode someone else's EEG this makes an easier solution to trying to decode
the EEG using computers. I wonder whether the EEG sensed could be encoded into a changing visual image and imported to the
receiver that way (through seeing it with their eyes).
- Monkey controls another monkeys movement via computer link
- Bionic eye trial 'really promising'
- Cyborgs and Cybernetics - A Week in Science
- Brain's Code for Visual Working Memory Deciphered in Monkeys - NIH-Funded Study
- Monkey uses brainwaves to control prosthetic arm
- Synchronized brain waves enable rapid learning - MIT study finds neurons that hum together encode new information.
- Brain-to-brain communication has arrived. How we did it (NeuroScientist Miguel Nicolelis)
- Mark Zuckerberg thinks telepathy is the future, here's how it could actually work
Three or multiple person EEG brain-to-brain connection
- (2018oct9) Brain Network Lets Three People Communicate With Their Thoughts
- (2019mar27) We are the BORG
- (2019mar31) Scientists have connected the brains of 3 people, enabling them to share thoughts
- We have Jingle Cats of cats meowing christmas carols in tune, now we need Jingle Roosters/Hens of Hens singing buk buk in tune to christmas carols
Guess what, it already exists for a song from Frozen! buk buk!
- 3D Viewing Experience
Use the concept of rewritable CDs to make a rewritable plate whose surface is used to
create 3d holograms thus 3d tv. Alternatively, having tiny rows of colour LCD pixels at different
distances from the viewer (different rows and columns are at different distances)
so it is possible to pick not only the row and column of a pixel but also the distance from the
viewer hence a 3D look. Jan Panteltje from sci.physics suggested that
Eidophor might be capable of being
adapted to render true 3D imaging by shooting a laser (or coloured lasers) at an oil plate
to get the hologram. Another possibility is rotating cylinder of LCD pixels whose radius changes around
the circumference, thereby allowing for depth depending on which part of the cylinder's rotation the
pixel is on, the problem with that is the refresh rate could be slower (since it has to wait for a full
rotation before it can display the next frame), and secondly the height of the effective screen area
is not uniform since it is continually changing, but then perhaps it wouldn't change much if it was a big
cylinder with only gradual changes in radius, though it would have to spin very quickly then and how would
persistence of vision work (perhaps we can have a mist of flouorescent/luminescent gas that retains
the pixel that passes by it for a short time). In which case we could have a moving flat
LCD screen that moves back and forth (closer and further away) and delivers a pixel grid at
different distances, the problem with that is it would block the luminescent pixel spaces behind
it until it moves back.
- Eidola Suite Questacon (PDF)
- This Laser Can Create 3D Holograms In The Daylight
- Holograms are finally here: Plasma lasers used to create images in mid-air
I was thinking we could have a 3d grid of cubes containing gas, that changes
from transparent to a colour when electricity is passed through it, therefore it would be possible to create
a 3d image by turning on the colour of cubes at varying depths. By placing red, green, blue cubes
next to each other, it would be possible to create colour 3d. The cubes could be for example, 600 cubes spaced
over 1m depth, if it is also 1m x 1m grid say 600x800 resolution then thats 600x800x600 cubes that's a lot of cubes.
The question is how would you gather a video signal for such
a 3d tv ie how would the video camera work. It would need some kind of mathematics to work out
the depth of each pixel, from two cameras next to each other, that is,
what distance does light travel before it hits an object. If this is not possible, a laser range finder could
sweep the 2d grid of the 2d video camera continuously providing depth information
(analyze time of reflected light), but this has a danger of the laser light going
in the actors eyes (maybe ok if it's low enough power).
- Holographic Projection Technology: The World is Changing (Elmorshidy, A.)
- Musion 3D Projection using Peppers Ghost technology (not true 3D)
- Tupac's rise from the dead was, sadly, not holography
- What is Holographic Television, and Will it Ever be in My Living Room?
- An assessment of 3dtv technologies (by Onural etc)
Google search - 3d tv real
- (2018aug14) 3D television
Google search - hologram realtime video
- (2018aug14) 'Holoportation' demo makes live-video holograms look easy
- (2018aug14) Real-time color holographic video display system
- (2018aug14) Real-time holographic displays one step closer to reality
- (2018aug14) Real human holograms for augmented, virtual and mixed reality
- (2018aug14) Magic Leap promises live-streamed holograms within five years
- (2019jan1) YouTube - FULL DISPLAY made of RGB Fans!? - HyperVSN Wall this technology is not actually what I was thinking of, but it gave me the idea to have multiple blades on each fan at varying distances from the viewer.
- (2019jan2) 3D Fan Blades at different heights for a 3D LED Display Jevan Pipitone.png
When viewing a room with human eyes any point cannot be seen in the viewing at multiple distances from the viewer, however it IS possible to have multiple LED pixels viewed at differing distances from the viewer the with the rotating 3d fan idea I had, which suggests it might be unlocking the viewing of a possible extra 4th dimension that would allows us to see in 4D where a view inside the object is also seen. But in fact for us to create a 3D viewing we could have an LCD screen with which the distance of each LED pixel from the viewer can be adjusted somehow, the problem is how to configure these distances into a moving 3d viewing where the motors can move each pixel fast enough into the desired distances from the viewer.
Web Page Author Information
Web Page by Jevan Pipitone
29 September 2019
You can use, copy, or download any of my material as long as you add a link to the web page http://www.jevan.com.au