Ideas 1 (2018) - anything not having a computer software basis
- Plastic or Paper, which is better for the environment?
- Google search - max brenner belconnen said they do not do split payments cash card
Google search - max brenner belconnen split payments
Google search - all shops to offer split payments cash card site:.au
I wanted to pay partly using my card and partly using cash, with myself the only person ordering.
- Google search - nbn fibre to the premises
NBN with VOIP phone (a phone that works using data of the internet) is not sufficiently reliable to be used for emergency use or for alarms/security. NBN sometimes goes down for 30 minutes! We should in canberra have a landline phone using copper cabling, as well as the NBN using optical fibre to the house. Why would they use the copper cabling for NBN with the NBN optical fibre only going to the node, not to the house, which is slower internet and makes it impossible to have a 100% reliable landline phone as well!
- It seems to me that for RAID to work best, we would need two mirrors of each hard disk, so that there are three options for each bit of data and the system can pick the two that are the same if a third option is wrong/ inconsistent, ie, a consensus with the best two that agree out of three options, being the correct bit of data for each bit of data.
- Ice cream containers to contain scoops of ice cream, ie many sphere balls of ice cream, so that it's easier to serve
- (2018sep5) Universities to incorporate tutor assistance into the assessment system
For example when a student completes an assignment if they received help from a tutor,
they should be able to put something like the following into the references section
at the end of the assignment document or into a thanks section at the start,
"With thanks to assistance from my tutor Jevan Pipitone,
Web: someurl Facebook: someurl Twitter: someurl LinkedIn: someurl" where someurl are web
URLs for Jevan Pipitone, but at the moment the university system
wants the student to complete the work 100% themselves which means
if the student needs help from a tutor then the tutor is unable to request acknowledgement into
the students assignment document since then the student would get into trouble for having someone
else having helped them, so all this policy of the university does in not permitting others
to help a student with their assignment is to result in tutors
not getting the recognition they deserve for the help they do to students.
- Centrelink / Department of Human Services (DHS) Australia, could have different
payment levels for pensions. When someone is in a paid job they often have various hourly
payrate or annual salary or public service levels (AS01, AS02, Senior Officer Grade 1, etc)
they can receive depending on the value the employer perceives they are getting.
Centrelink/ DHS could have something like that too based on levels so that if they are
getting a lot of value from someone on disability payment or a jobseeker payment such as
newstart, a study payment such as austudy, or any payment, they can be shifted to a
higher payment level, and if their value drops again
they can be reduced to a lower level again, perhaps assessed on a 6-monthly basis
with 6 months notice before the change occurs. As many levels as needed can be created
to cater for the requirements of anyone's possible value.
- Google search - solutions for the environment and climate change
- Quantum Computer
Quantum computer: three states, 1, 0, or spinning between 1 and 0 and after some time the
spinning stops so it needs to be spun again if it's meant to be in that state.
What about states of spinning at various discrete frequency options, for example
the state could be 1, 0, or spinning at 5Hz, 10Hz, or 20Hz? Also states from the
voltage which could be 1v, 2v, 4v, or 8v? The phase shift for the sine wave describing
it's motion could be 0 degrees, 45 degrees, 90 degrees, so there are states that could
be encoded there too. The waveform could take on other forms such as a sine, square,
or triangle wave, as an encoding method for the information. Then we will need logic
operations using all of those possible states and possible changes that can be done
to the state.
- Google search - what is being done to stop the problem of paedophiles
- Google search - reopen flynn primary as a school
- Google search - getting past marks changed
- Google search - site:bsss.act.edu.au appeal a grade
- Google search - how to get in to a phd and graduate with top marks
- Google search - how can I recover from schizophrenia
- Google search - how can i get what i want out of life generally
- Google search: what is the effect of material things
- Google search - how to be successful in life
- Google search - how to understand the way life works
- Google search - how to make a lot of money
- Google search - how to get your sister to be friends with you
- Google search - how to get companies to implement my suggestions
- Google search - how to persuade people
- Google search - electronic whiteboards
Universities and Schools mostly have whiteboards (sometimes blackboards) in classrooms. Sometimes there are multiple boards to enable many students to work on problems simultaneously in a workshop so that other people there can look at what they did. Sometimes even the foyers, entrance halls, corridors and other locations have whiteboards, so that ideas can easily be written down and shared amongst anyone wanting to see it. An improvement over a whiteboard/ blackboard is to have electronic boards, each a colour LCD screen that can be written on using a stylus pen, like what I have for my portable Palm TX PDA but much bigger the size of a university or school classroom whiteboard/blackboard. When writing with the stylus pen the underlying LCD monitor shows lines where the pen moves, and it can be switched to an erasor by selecting the erasor from the menu, thus avoiding the possible issue of getting whiteboard marker pen or chalk on your hand from trying to erase it quickly. When the board is full and needs to be erased, the contents would be stored as a high quality lossless PNG image file with the filename containing the current date and time, unit number, teacher/lecturer/tutor name, then at the end of the lecture the system would email all of the students and teacher and department a copy of all of the saved board images, or it could be zipped into a single compressed zipfile whose filename contains the date & time the zip was created, and uploaded to the university of school website for anyone who wants to download it, the boards would also retain a copy of the images for a week as a backup in case the emailing failed, with it having the ability to automatically upload the content to the department's website or ftp server via a network cable plugged into each board, and to support having a USB stick inserted to transfer information to it. Also all lectures/ classes/ tutorials would be audio recorded, which would also be available for download on the organization website, since there is no need to video it (avoiding the need to store large file sizes) since it is possible to see all of the boards contents as downloaded compressed zipfile containing all of it's images. The only classes that would need videoing are acting and dance classes and performances, since distributing audio downloads to anyone that wants them, does not tell sufficient information about what happened in the class (to be able to reproduce it again if they wanted, as per the scientific premise of experiment reproducability).
- Why can't I get a spoon with my drink at Boost Juice Australia to eat the nice remaining bits after?
- Google search - scribblepen.com
Pen that can scan a colour in the real world, and then combines it's inks so you can draw using the pen with that colour.
- Everything recorded and downloadable: Hopefully and possibly all in-person and virtual (online) events in the future will be audio or video recorded - video if the visual aspect is important otherwise audio plus a few photos and possibly powerpoint slides or a word document and chat history download (for interactions) may be sufficient to understand the event - and anyone will be able to download them later from the organization's website. This can include meetups, board/card games, pool/snooker/air hockey and other games, movies at the cinema, theatre productions, acting workshops and rehearsals and performances, music live bands, karaoke nights at venues, music jams where anyone can turn up and join in to make music, chess, professional events such as computing and engineering talks, etc. Having everything recorded and downloadable will be beneficial to many people who can get hold of content online easily from home via the internet, including people with disabilities that might want to run the download through various processors and filters (or even having multiple formats of the download) to make it in a suitable format for their particular disability. Also people can re-live their in-person attended past events in the future by watching them again anytime from their kept downloads.
For example for a movie this would mean movie tickets would have a URL imprinted on it where the movie can be downloaded at home after the screening to keep/ rewatch any times in the future.
- Google search - primary school separate class for kids with a tablet
- Google search - projector with usb port for jpg png docx xlsx pdf mp3 mp4 avi
- Google search - solar cells targeting multiple light frequencies
- Could have an image rotator screen, displays a sequence of photos with usb and wifi interface capability to change them, on front of fridge
- Google search - "electronic receipt"
Shops to have an option instead of printing a receipt for the customer, to transfer an image of the receipt and well as a spreadsheet document containing the transaction details, to the customer's mobile or palm PDA. Or the shop point of sale equipment could automatically upload every purchase details to a website where all customer's transactions for all shops are stored, that can be later downloaded by the customer as a spreadsheet for whatever date range they specify.
- Palm personal digital assistant (PDA)'s could have a GPS and digital camera built in, the GPS can be used to get location coordinates to tag the photos taken. It is best that palm PDA's do not have a phone built in, to keep it as a separate product from mobiles for people that don't want a phone on them while they are out and about. All digital cameras will have a GPS built in for location coordinate tagging of photos.
- Google search - self driving cars laser range finder interference
If there are multiple self-driving cars on the road will their laser range finder reflections interfere with each other and give incorrect views of each car's surroundings? Perhaps nearby cars can use wifi to negotiate a different light frequency for each car
- Self-Driving Cars' Spinning-Laser Problem
- Will self-driving vehicle lIDAR interfere with other vehicles' LIDAR?
"1. From direct industry information. Yes, there is multi path errors, but they're so random (and limited) that they typically get filtered out."
"2. Building on this, there are also a lot of intrinsic safeties built into your more expensive lidars. First, the system knows along what path and when a pulse was emitted. It also has an acceptable range. With those two things, it has an expected time range of return and on where it should return on the receiver. Also, to cut down on multi path issues between neighboring pulse firings, typically there is some degree of frequency modulation that occurs so that the receiver can differentiate pulses. They also generally take into account strength of return and threshold that too to reduce multi path errors. Now, if you have dozens of lidar units operating in close proximity to each other on a highway, there may need to be some other precautions, not too sure. Maybe some sort of frequency hopping would have to occur like competing WiFi systems do, which could be accomplished over intervehicle communication. I know that the NHTSA has been working on what the communication standards need to be for a good bit of time with the auto industry."
- Lidar for Self-Driving Cars
- Self-driving cars can be hacked using a laser pointer
- How Google's Self-Driving Car Works
- Bionic contact lens
- Could have a spinning balanced read write head in a cd player and hard drive instead of spinning the item with data on it, also contactless
- Google search - rent advertisement internet speed
Real estate for rent advertisements could include in the description what the fastest internet speed the premises is able to actually get, ie the real actual speed that previous tenants have had (upload and download). Since, if I was going to rent from somewhere, I would want to know that the internet speed will be fast enough for me to do making music with other musicians via the internet which I think requires around 14Mbps download and 1Mbps upload.
Activities, friendship, paid and volunteer work, business and success for disabled people
- Karaoke for disabled people and their friends. Like smule mobile app, or singsnap web page, but aimed at disabled people (it would say on their profile whether a person was disabled or not). Also at local venues, karaoke nights, open mic nights for the disabled and their friends, to do stand-up comedy and other short performances, musician jams (musicians /anyone can get together to perform and make music), and other activities at local venues for disabled people and their friends to perform. Multimedia performances by the disabled and their friends. Powerpoint presentations by the disabled and their friends.
- Meet disabled friends. Like meetme.com or tagged.com on an internet desktop browser, or "Friends Talk" mobile app, for meeting new friends, but only for meeting disabled people. To meet disabled people from any location where local, national, or international.
- Chat rooms for disabled people and their friends, as a mobile app, and as a web site on a desktop PC, with various topics organized into various rooms. Video chat rooms, voice chat rooms, mobile chat apps and desktop pc softwares like yahoo messenger, trillian.im, skype, except designed for meeting and chatting with disabled people (some existing systems can still be used as long as it's possible to find disabled people to add to my contacts). A facebook and linkedin for meeting disabled people.
- A penpal website like interpals, globalpenfriends, except designed to meet disabled people
- Business networking and finding contacts who are disabled. Like shapr mobile app and the various websites for entrepreneurs and business except this is for finding disabled people for business reasons.
- Job search websites for employing disabled people for paid work and volunteer work and to search and download their resumes, also paid basis freelancing websites where the employers supplying the tasks are disabled. Engineers, computer programmers, disabled with any career/skill area. Local and online employers that employ disabled people and their friends, and/or where the employer is disabled.
- Local activities with disabled people and their friends, like meetup.com and eventbrite.com except it is designed for doing local activities with disabled people and their friends. These activities could be career oriented such as opportunities to give a talk or presentation or creative performance, or to collaborate on a project, or to have dinner or lunch as a group.
- Jazz Musicians and actors (including improvisation) and digital artists (and other skill areas) with a disability and their friends, to meet in-person or for online (via the internet) collaborations. For example websites such as jamtaba, ejamming, allow realtime online musician jams, myonlineband allows offline music collaborations, but where are websites like these but for people with disabilities and their friends. Also websites to make online collaborative artworks done by people with disabilities and their friends.
- Local Scientific and Engineering Research Conferences for the disabled and their friends.
- Research publications that publish papers by disabled authors and their friends, and who employ disabled people and their friends, in their offices.
- Websites that provide expert consultation via any of text chat, voice chat, video chat, where the experts providing the service have a disability. Like prestoexperts but the providers are individuals who have a disability, or where the customers seeking expert consultation have a disability.
- PC Support provided by disabled people
Web Page Author Information
Web Page by Jevan Pipitone
17 August 2018
You can use, copy, or download any of my material as long as you add a link to the web page http://www.jevan.com.au